EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AT ARKANA LABORATORIES
Arkana Laboratories is a center for diagnostic pathology and research focused on one thing: improving care for patients.
We are seeking a senior scientist to conduct research in our state of the art zebrafish facility in Little Rock, AR. The laboratory is developing zebrafish models of kidney disease and also performs contract research including toxicological testing.
To apply, please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Job Title: Senior Scientist
Reports To: Director, Zebrafish labs
Status: Salary; Full-Time
The Zebrafish Core Program is involved in designing zebrafish disease models, provide preclinical toxicity/efficacy evaluation and provide other experimental services to industry and academic institutions, as well as internal clinical staff investigators. The scientist should be able to provide expertise in conducting, designing and troubleshooting experiments involving zebrafish. The person should have basic knowledge of the pathophysiology of diseases.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Design and conduct research.
· Evaluate facility capabilities and work with administration to identify and develop new services.
· Performing molecular tests
· Design Zebrafish disease models (i.e. CRISPR, gene knockouts, etc…).
· Act as a liaison between facility scientific staff and administration.
· Write grants (e.g. NIH, SBIR)
· Set and track milestones of ongoing projects as well as ensure timely delivery of the projects.
· Must be authorized to work in the United States
· Prior experience and capability with molecular techniques in zebrafish, including,
· Prior experience and capability with molecular techniques in zebrafish, including.
Random gene disruption via chemical mutagenesis
Targeted genome editing with Cas9
FISH, RNA-FISH, ISH
· Ability to troubleshoot experiments.
· Ability to write grants.
· Ability to lead and motivate.
· Ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
· Understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements germane to animal research.
Education and Experience
· PhD in Biotechnology, Developmental Biology or Molecular Biology preferred.
· Minimum of two years postdoctoral experience working in an academic institution or industry will be preferred.
Work Site Conditions
· Working in close proximity to water and wet surfaces.
· Moderate level of noise.
· Potential contact with infectious agents requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
Arkana Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer