Full-Time Postdoctoral Fellow in the NechiporukOregon Health & Science University, School of Medicine, Department of Cell, Developmental & Cancer Biology, Portland, OR
Start Date: Spring of 2020
This full-time (1.0FTE) position for a junior level PhD post-doctoral researcher will provide a mechanism for the hired individual to develop into a successful independent researcher in the fields of developmental neurobiology. The Nechiporuk lab uses zebrafish as a model system to study the formation of the peripheral nervous system. Our broad research focus is to discover mechanisms that lead to axon growth and circuit formation in the peripheral nervous system. The hired individual will use variety of modern approaches, including transgenesis, CRISPR-based genome editing, single-cell RNA sequencing (scRNA-seq), live imaging, and biochemical approaches, to dissect cell biological processes that drive axon growth during development.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is set according to NIH guidelines.
Benefits include medical and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits.
• PhD in life sciences such as genetics, anatomy, biology, biochemistry, or related field
• Ability to work independently within a research lab
• Strong technical research skills and reasoning ability
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage time effectively while concurrently working on multiple projects
• Prior experience with zebrafish is desirable but not required
• Prior experience with transgenesis, CRISPR genome editing method
• Prior experience with in situ hybridizations, immunostaining or similar detection methods
· Prior experience with live imaging and microscopy
· Knowledge of R programming
Interested individuals should email their CV, short statement of research interests, and the names and contact information for three references to Alex Nechiporuk (firstname.lastname@example.org)