The University of Luxembourg has the following vacancy in the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB):
Postdoctoral Researcher in Systems Biomedicine of the Epilepsies (m/f)
- Ref. 50013760 – (R-AGR-3327-12-C)
- Fixed-term contract 3 years, renewable once, competitive salary
- Full-time position (40h/week)
- Start date: 1st December 2018 or asap
We seek a highly skilled postdoc to study the genetics of epileptogenesis in zebrafish. The project will include generation of fish lines with epilepsy specific mutations and deep phenotyping of these by light sheet microscopy and single cell RNA sequencing. The position is part of German-Luxembourgish research unit focusing on the complex genetics of generalized epilepsies.
- The candidate has obtained a PhD in biology, biotechnology, bioinformatics or another life science related discipline.
- The candidate has experience in molecular biology, microscopy, neuroscience and/or zebrafish.
- Programming skills and knowledge of biomedical data are a plus but not obligatory.
- Fluency in oral and written English
Dr. Alexander Skupin
Applications should contain the following documents:
- A detailed Curriculum vitae
- A motivation letter, including a brief description of past research experience and future interests.
- Copies of Master’s and PhD degree or equivalent certificate if not yet received
- Name and contact details of at least two referees
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please apply online until November 15th, 2018 using this link: http://emea3.mrted.ly/1zxuj