Chan Zuckerberg Biohub —
Biologist - Zebrafish Transgenics and Light-sheet Microscopy for Cell Atlas
San Francisco, California, United States
Apply for this job here:
The Discovery Machine Lab led by Loic Royer at the Chan Zuckerberg
Biohub will design and build lightsheet microscopy based ‘discovery
machines’ that will not only acquire image data, but also perform
online processing, instant 3D visualization, adaptive imaging, and
automated photo-manipulation. These integrated instruments bring
together state of the art optics, robotics, machine learning, and
image analysis with the aim of building comprehensive atlases of
development and modeling complex cellular choreographies.
We are looking for a Biologist with genetic engineering and Zebrafish
experience that will help develop Cell-Atlas related biological
projects in a collaborative environment, design experiments using
state-of-the-art light-sheet microscopy, and conceive novel labelling
strategies for live fluorescence imaging.
What we provide
• The resources to conceive disruptive technology and obtain
ground-breaking results to advance knowledge of cell biology.
• Collaborative environment with access to talent and resources of the
Biohub platforms (Sequencing, Bioengineering, Genome Editing, Data
Sciences, and Advanced Imaging).
• Access to collaborators, Resources and facilities at Stanford, Berkeley and UCSF
• Competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with experience.
• On site free snacks and beverages :-)
• Genetic engineering of novel fluorescence labelling strategies
• Transgenesis in and maintenance of model organisms (prefereably fish)
• Fluorescent live imaging with the Lab’s custom built microscopes
• Collaborate with Lab’s microscope designer and builder on imaging experiments
• Collaborate with CZ Biohub’s Genome Engineering Platform
• Collaborate with the Biohub’s DataScience Platform on image analysis
Experience in live fluorescence microscopy and image analysis is
highly desired. The candidate should be willing to learn new skills
and knowledge, think creatively and show enthusiasm while engaging in
risky but potentially rewarding projects.
• Genetic engineering toolbox: molecular cloning, transfection,
• cloning, transfection, CRISPR-Cas, TALENs, ZFNs, Transposases,
• Recombinases… Hands on experience with zebrafish knock-ins.
• Experimental prowess in cell culture and construct engineering
• Experience in fluorescence imaging (Confocal, Light-sheet)
• Multi-color labelling strategies Live Zebrafish immobilisation
• for long term imaging
• Proficiency in Python for image processing and data analysis
• Synthetic Biology
• Knowledge in zebrafish immunology, development and/or regeneration
Apply for this job here: