The Center for Comparative Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine is looking to hire a Lab Animal Technician III to support the zebrafish program
- Provide routine care and husbandry including feeding, water exchanges, tank cleaning, and health monitoring for zebrafish.
- Under general supervision, provides skilled care and husbandry for zebrafish.
- Maintain accurate, detailed records utilizing written log sheets and computer databases tracking colony health, water quality parameters, animal breeding, and housing or support areas as required.
- Responsible for limited supervisory duties including direction, new employee training and oversight of work, but excluding discipline.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Four years of directly related experience.
- LAT certification within one year of hire.
Preferred: Minimum of 6 months experience working with zebrafish in a research environment.
Skills: Basic computer skills and a working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Lab Animal Technician III
Center for Comparative Medicine
BCM Main Campus, Houston
Hiring up to $41,000
Staff Job Category:
Hot Job, Research - Laboratory