POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH POSITION IN CANCER
The Department of ZebraONCOfish at The Zebrafish Lab has an immediate opening for postdoctoral research position in cancer.
Eligible candidate will join a research line focused on the development of in vitro and in vivo models of metastasis and experimental/screening of new drugs in zebrafish model.
The ZebraONCOfish is a new department created by the company Ikan Biotech, with the objective of providing innovative solutions to reach a personalize oncology treatment based on the molecular and functional characterization of key steps for tumor dissemination and progression.
What we offer
1- The incorporation in The Zebrafish Lab Joint Unit (www.thezebrafishlab.com).
2- A translational research project: The Area of Oncology is configured with the aim that the clinical criteria define the basis of the research projects to rapidly revert to the patient.
3- Integration in a multidisciplinary research team: including inputs from different research fields and covering the areas of molecular and cellular biology, liquid biopsy and preclinical models.
4- Attractive scientific environment: The Zebrafish Lab providing support to all researchers with fully equipped culture rooms, imaging equipment, DNA sequencing, Real-Time PCR amplification, Circulating Tumor Cell analysis, animal facilities, etc.
What we expect
- Applicants must have a PhD in biomedical sciences, medicine or any related discipline. Valuable Postdoctoral experience.
- Previous research experience and publications in molecular and cellular biology, biochemistry, cell culture, microscopy techniques and live imaging, and zebrafish model will be valued.
- Experience in research or management of research programmes.
- If called upon, the ability to motivate and supervise graduate students and technical staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work on one’s own initiative as well as in a team environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
2 years; 30-31K € gross salary/ year. This contract will be supported by European Commission (SME Instrument).
Please, email to our personnel management department: email@example.com including HPz/2017 and the Applicant’s full name in the subject of the message together with the following attached documents:
- 2 professional references.
- Cover Letter describing:
I) your prior work in animal models of cancer.
II) your experience with live imaging.
III) your short-term and long-term career goals.
Immediate incorporation is expected (September-October 2017).
No application will be eligible if all the above mentioned documents are not attached.
Deadline for applications is midnight 15 July 2017
The selection process will include a panel interview.