Each year, the International Zebrafish Society (IZFS) presents two prestigious awards at its annual International Zebrafish Conference – the George Streisinger Award and the Chi-Bin Chien Award. IZFS is currently seeking nominations from the zebrafish community for consideration by our Awards Committee. Nominations are due January 28, 2019.
The George Streisinger Award recognizes a senior investigator who has done sustained and foundational work that has opened new possibilities within the zebrafish field that benefit our research today. Submit applications to email@example.com in a single PDF file that includes:
- A statement (up to one page) describing the key contributions of the nominee to the field, co-signed by two or more members of the community who support the nomination.
- A list of up to ten publications or links to online resources or databases that illustrate the central contributions of the nominee to the field.
For more information, go to https://www.izfs.org/page/StreisingerAwardNew.
The Chi-Bin Chien Award will be given to an outstanding graduate student, postdoctoral trainee, or recently appointed faculty member from any country who has made significant contributions to the field of zebrafish research and has exhibited the generosity that characterized and motivated Dr. Chien. Submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF file that includes:
- A one-page statement from the nominee describing his/her research and its importance to the advancement of zebrafish research.
- The nominee's C.V.
- Letter of recommendation from the mentor.
- Letter of recommendation from one additional scholar.
For more information or to make a donation to this award, please go to https://www.izfs.org/page/CBCAWARDNOM
We hope to see you in Suzhou, China in June at the 14th International Zebrafish Conference (https://www.izfs.org/page/2019IZFC) where these awards will be presented to our honored colleagues.