To expand our lab’s team at our future location at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, Section of Developmental Biology (starting summer 2019), we are looking to recruit Postdocs.
Our lab’s research aims to elucidate the molecular mechanisms of cell fate determination during the formation of universal features of the vertebrate body plan. As main paradigm, we study the developmental emergence and patterning of the lateral plate mesoderm (LPM), the elusive joint origin of the cardiovascular, blood, kidney, and limb lineages.
We study the LPM and its molecular regulation using advanced transgenic approaches, gene-regulatory element discovery, genome editing, cross-species comparisons, and lightsheet imaging using the zebrafish as principal model. Our work provides an interface to developmental biology, evo-devo, and disease modeling projects that we also pursue with an international network of collaborators. A special interest are the genetic causes of congenital cardiac disease.
Interested applicants have:
* a PhD degree in developmental biology, genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related disciplines;
* model organism experience, zebrafish experience preferred;
* an interest in cell fate determination, cardiovascular development, transcriptional regulation, live imaging, transgenesis, genome editing, and disease modeling;
* ideally prior expertise in any or all of SPIM/lightsheet imaging, molecular cloning, cross-species experiments, chromatin-based techniques;
* a collaborative, communicative, and team-oriented personality.
We offer an international, interactive, inclusive, and collaborative lab environment with access to state-of-the-art imaging resources and facilities. Our lab is located at the Anschutz Medical Campus within the Department of Pediatrics, Section of Developmental Biology, and embedded in a growing framework of basic and clinically oriented research labs.
Initial positions are funded for 2-3 years, with possibility of extension. Starting date negotiable and earliest in August 2019. Application for third-party and independent funding is strongly encouraged and supported.
Interested? Apply with Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References through CU Careers online, only online applications can be considered:
For more info, get in touch with Christian Mosimann (email@example.com) about the framework and possible projects (please refer to Position #760630– Requisition #16182). Follow @chrmosimann on Twitter for updates.
Come join us in Denver, Colorado!