The Giraldez laboratory at Yale University is seeking to recruit a highly qualified Associate Research Scientist as a long-term scientist in the laboratory (www.giraldezlab.org). Prerequisites for appointment on the research scientist track include a doctoral degree and relevant postdoctoral experience.
The successful candidate will be a highly-motivated scientist with excellent organizational, mentoring and leadership skills. They will be responsible for coordinating the overall scientific operations of the Giraldez lab and will provide critical training and mentoring to individual lab members. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in multiple research projects and drive a scientific project aligned with the major interests of the laboratory. The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
• A doctoral degree and relevant postdoctoral experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Solid publication record and the ability to drive long-term, successful research projects
• Expertise in one or more of the following: molecular biology, chromatin biology, developmental biology, genomics, and/or imaging
This appointment can be renewed indefinitely provided the need for the position continues, the funding for the position is available, and the expectations for performance are met.
To apply to this position please submit the following using the Interfolio Link: https://apply.interfolio.com/50482:
1) A one-page cover letter describing your motivation for the position, research experience, and relevant mentoring/organizational experience,
2) biosketch or CV,
3) three letters of references
4) PDFs of three publications .
For inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Associate Research Scientist” in the subject of the email.
Applications are now open and will be considered on a rolling basis. Salary will be commensurate with experience and the appointment includes an attractive benefits package in line with an appointment in the research track within the Yale School of Medicine
Yale University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Yale values diversity among its students, staff, and faculty and strongly welcomes applications from women, persons with disabilities, protected veterans, and underrepresented minorities.)