Company Name: University of Massachusetts Medical School
Job Title: Research Lab Tech II
Start Date: 11/27/2018
Stop Date: 03/28/2019
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direct supervision of a Principal Investigator or designee, the Research Lab Tech II performs and interprets routine and highly complex experiments.
- Performs a variety of laboratory experiments using both routine and special techniques and methods
- May assist in the training of others
- Provides input to improve current procedures, protocols, and/or methods
- Writes standard operating procedures, schedules work, orders supplies, and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies, reagents, etc.
- Prepares laboratory reagents, buffers, and media
- Records results, organizes data and performs computations
- Performs duties independently; requiring action and judgment to solve commonly encountered problems
- Complies with all safety and infection control standards appropriate to this position
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in a Biological Science or equivalent experience
- 1 year of related experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to perform duties independently
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
- Experience with zebrafish husbandry.
- Experience with zebrafish embryo microinjection
Experience Desired (not required):
- Basic molecular biology techniques (PCR, Restriction Enzyme mediated cloning, Gel electrophoresis, Qiagen DNA miniprep).
- Bacteria Strain preparation and handling (competent cell preparation and agar plate preparation).
Under the direct supervision of a Principal Investigator or designee
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionuclides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/jqrt3rjtg8qms775