ERA Chairs Group Leader position
at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, Poland
The International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (IIMCB) invites applications for the position of a Group Leader with a planned starting date in November 2019.
IIMCB provides stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus with the possibilities of selecting PhD students and postdoctoral scientists from leading Polish academic institutions. The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration, including a grant office. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources (www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/research/grants).
We are searching for a Group Leader, an excellent mid-career investigator with a PhD degree, outstanding and transformative research accomplishments and demonstrated leadership experience. The successful candidate should be conducting high-level research that would expand and build on the existing strengths of the Institute in the fields of intracellular trafficking, mTOR pathways, calcium and iron homeostasis, DNA repair and modification, RNA structure-function relationships, and gene regulation during embryonic development. Moreover, he/she is also expected to develop new research ideas and provide intellectual leadership in building the IIMCB renown on the international scene.
The position is funded through the H2020 ERA Chairs project recently obtained by IIMCB.
- Group Leader position (professorial level) on an initially 5-year appointment with the possibility of extension, subject to external merit-based evaluation
- Research independence
- Highly competitive salaries for the PI and his/her team members
- Start-up funds
- Laboratory space and unlimited access to cutting-edge equipment
- Support in applications for additional grant funding
- Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
Applications should include:
- a cover letter explaining reasons for the application
- a Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications and grants
- a statement of scientific achievements (up to 1 page)
- a summary of the applicant’s future research plans (2 pages)
- contact details of two academic reference persons
- copies of three most important papers
Please include the following statement in your application: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Ks. Trojdena Str., 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
Deadline for applications is October 31st, 2018. Applications should be submitted by e-mail to ERAChairs@iimcb.gov.pl. Specific inquiries can be addressed directly to Marcin Nowotny, PhD, Head of Laboratory of Protein Structure, email@example.com
This competition is supported by the project entitled: MOlecular Signaling in Health and Disease - Interdisciplinary Centre of Excellence, acronim: MOSaIC under the H2020 ERA Chairs program.