Zebrafish Facility Technician
A zebrafish aquaculture technician position is available immediately in the laboratory of Dr. David Prober at the California Institute of Technology (Pasadena, CA). Responsibilities include daily fish feeding, breeding and rearing, routine maintenance and repairs, administrative oversight and management of the 4000 tank zebrafish aquaculture facility, and being on-call for emergencies.
1. Bachelor's degree in marine biology, fisheries or related fields, OR minimum 2 years experience in a marine biology or fisheries laboratory is preferred
2. strong work ethic
3. excellent attention to detail
4. strong written and verbal communication skills
5. strong time management skills
6. ability to work as part of a team, including leadership skills/experience
Aquaculture and molecular biology experience are highly desired. Experience with plumbing and electrical systems is also desirable. Salary is negotiable depending on qualifications.
Applications should include:
1. cover letter, including a short description of your work experience and availability date
3. contact information (name, e-mail, phone number) for at least three references
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Zebrafish technician position."