AQUACULTURE TECHNICIAN AT NYU (KNAUT AND TORRES-VAZQUEZ LABS)
The Zebrafish Aquaculture Facility at New York University School of Medicine has a position available for a Zebrafish Aquaculture Research Technician starting the earliest on July 2/2018.
The selected Technician will work in a team setting to support scientific research in the labs of Drs. Holger Knaut (https://med.nyu.edu/faculty/holger-knaut) and Jesús Torres-Vázquez (https://med.nyu.edu/faculty/jesus-torres-vazquez) at the Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University. Responsibilities include: oversight of our 1000 sq. ft. 3500-tank zebrafish aquaculture facility, breeding and rearing zebrafish, maintenance/repair of the water system and assistance with experiments investigating the genetic regulation of zebrafish development.
ELIGIBILITY (apply if you meet all of these criteria):
1. B.S. or M.S. in Biology, Fisheries or related fields.
2. Availability to start this position between July and September 2018.
3. Commitment to the job for at least two years.
4. Highly desired attributes include:
a) Aquaculture experience.
b) Hands on knowledge of plumbing and electrical repairs.
c) Research experience (laboratory or field).
5. Excellent time management, ability to work both alone and with others, strong verbal and written communications skills are essential (the position includes both teamwork and independent tasks, and involves communicating with members of both zebrafish laboratories and the NYU Facilities/Maintenance staff).
NYU School of Medicine offers an excellent salary (starting at $42,000) and benefits package, including tuition remission at NYU. This position is ideal for someone who would like to pursue a Master’s in Biology or a related field.
1. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com using the subject line: "2018 Zebrafish technician: your name".
2. Attach your CV (entitled "2018 Zebrafish technician CV: your name") as a single WORD or PDF file. Please start your document with the following five pieces of information at the top (if they are missing the review of your application will either not occur or will be delayed):
1. Name, current living address (city, state and country) and telephone number.
2. Expected date of availability.
3. Degree(s), date(s) awarded and GPA(s).
4. Name, title, e-mail and phone number of three references (state in what capacity these references know you and for how long).
5. Summary of experience: A paragraph (10 lines maximum) describing your interests and experience relevant to this position.