Research Technician: The Mokalled lab at Washington University School of Medicine
The Mokalled laboratory is seeking applicants for a Research Technician position in the Department of Developmental Biology at Washington University School of Medicine (http://devbio.wustl.edu/faculty/faculty-members/mayssa-mokalled-ph.d). Our lab uses the zebrafish model system to study neural regeneration after spinal cord injury or disease. We welcome ambitious applicants with enthusiasm for neuroscience, regenerative biology, and zebrafish research. This position offers opportunities for co-authorships on published manuscripts.
- Assists with research studies, experiments and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment. Main experimental duties include molecular biology, zebrafish husbandry and microinjection.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on research.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of research experience.
- Experience with zebrafish husbandry or spinal cord research are encouraged.
Please send a cover letter, CV, and list of 3 or more references to firstname.lastname@example.org.