Research Associate 1, MS - 44210BR
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: Function as a Lab Manager overseeing a Molecular Biology Lab using a zebrafish model system. Work on an independent research project, master generation of zebrafish mutants using CRISPR/Cas9 technique, maintain wild-type and mutant fish lines, characterize new mutant fish lines by genotypic and phenotypic analysis, supervise undergraduates and post-graduate associates in the laboratory and fish facility.
Required Education and Experience: Master’s Degree in a scientific discipline and one year experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability with zebrafish husbandry and maintenance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in molecular biology, including cloning, PCR, in vitro transcription, in situ hybridization, western blotting, and immunohistochemistry.
- Demonstrated ability in zebrafish analysis and mRNA injection.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic.
- Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: Master’s Degree in the Biological Sciences, Neuroscience, Genetics or a related discipline, and one year experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. 5 or more years of experience. Ability to lead and provide oversight in a lab setting.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/2txRpIY. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.