Fellowship Positions - UAB Post-Doctoral Training in Basic and Translational Science in Heart Failure (T32HL129948)
DATE: April 24, 2017
We are pleased to announce the availability of two fellowship positions for post-doctoral (PhD) and clinical (MD) fellows wishing to train in the broad area of heart failure. We seek applicants who are motivated, demonstrate a desire to succeed, and have a long-term commitment to cardiovascular research in an academic environment. This is an ideal opportunity to obtain scientific publications and intellectual development that will lay the foundation for future successful professional development as an independent scientist. UAB's well-established NIH-funded investigators will provide a mentored experience critical to early career development. We are interested in a number of animal models which include zebrafish. Previous experience in heart biology is not necessarily required.
* In good standing at current institution;
* No more than 5 years since having received most recent high level degree (i.e., PhD or MD);
* US citizens or permanent residents;
* Express a long-term plan and expectation to work as an independent investigator in cardiovascular research broadly related to heart failure;
* Commit to meet all obligations of the training program (detailed information to be provided at later date).
For those with interest in the zebrafish model, please contact Dr. Stephen A. Watts at UAB (email@example.com)