A Ph.D. scholarship offered to an exceptional student, to investigate genetic mechanisms which underpin vertebrate birth defects, with a particular focus on craniofacial defects such as cleft palate.
This scholarship will be offered to an independent, proactive, forward thinking and enthusiastic candidate, who wishes to forge an independent career in science.
Applicants should have a high level of achievement, including a first class honours degree or equivalent.
As an applicant you should have an interest in developmental genetics and understanding the processes which govern embryo formation, as well as a keen interest and aptitude in biochemistry and molecular genetics. Your project will address biological and cellular behaviours which regulate how the vertebrate embryos forms, using the mouse, and zebrafish as genetic developmental models.
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for three years, with a value of $26,288 per annum, to support your living costs [2016 rate]
- a fee-relief scholarship (LTUFFRS) for four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University (international applicants only)
- opportunities for authorship on high impact scientific manuscripts.
- opportunities to attend national and international conferences
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs
How to Apply:
- Review how to apply for a graduate research scholarship at: http://www.latrobe.edu.au/research/future/apply
- Contact Dr. Seb Dworkin by email at email@example.com, with a full CV, academic transcript, and a cover letter outlining why you would like to be considered for this scholarship.
- Dr. Dworkin, and the Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Microbiology will carefully review your application and consider you for this Scholarship.
- The successful applicant who receives in-principle agreement for supervision, will then submit a complete PhD application to the La Trobe Graduate Research School, attaching a copy of the agreement to Admissions.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date - Applications close 1 July 2017, unless filled sooner. You will be advised of an outcome by 31st July, 2017.