Post-graduate research associate in a basic science laboratory (www.hoffmanlab.net) studying the genetics of autism spectrum disorders (ASD) using a zebrafish model system. The appointee will assist the principal investigator in multiple aspects of the research project. These include: 1. Genotyping zebrafish carrying mutations in genes that are strongly associated with autism spectrum disorders (ASD); 2. Performing phenotyping assays to identify abnormalities in brain development and behavior in zebrafish mutants of ASD risk genes; and 3. Conducting larval behavioral assays. The post-graduate associate will gain skills in molecular biology and genetics.
• Bachelor's Degree in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, or Neuroscience
• Demonstrated record of academic achievement
• Past experience in basic science research
• Highly motivated and organized
• Strong work ethic
• GPA >3.5
• Preferred: Prior experience with zebrafish or other aquaculture experience
Send resume, cover letter describing interest in the position, unofficial transcript, and two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.