Research Scientist – Poss laboratory and Regeneration Next Initiative
This person will perform experiments, manage projects and key documents, and supervise laboratory personnel. The ideal candidate will independently perform scientific investigative procedures requiring application of professional judgment. Responsibilities also include interpreting experimental results and guiding lab members through scientific methods and analyses, helping to prepare grants and reports of research for presentation or publication, and working with the PI and lab manager to ensure laboratory is functioning at a high level. The title of position will be dependent on applicant’s experience.
• Help manage the day-to-day activities within the lab, including ensuring operation of essential equipment, reviewing budgets, etc.
• Perform animal procedures, microscopy, histology, imaging, genome data analysis, and molecular biology, toward authorship on published primary research reports.
• Organize and maintain structure of lab and implement new technologies as needed.
• Provide a high level of lab support to the Investigator, including supervision and mentoring
of research staff.
• Develop and implement laboratory guidelines and standard operating procedures; maintain procedure manuals and evaluate new materials, methods and equipment.
• Assist PI in grant application and manuscript writing. Edit fellowship and manuscript drafts by lab personnel.
• Assist new PI’s hired by the Regeneration Next Initiative in setting up their laboratories, screening personnel, and completing required paperwork.
• PhD and at least 2 years postdoctoral experience in biological science; research experience preferentially in the field of developmental and/or regenerative biology
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Familiarity with multiple scientific areas and of the underlying principles and concepts.
• Working knowledge of bioinformatics relevant to genome-wide analyses.
• Operational knowledge of imaging and microscopy
• Operational knowledge of advanced lab equipment
• Operational knowledge of standard molecular and cellular biology procedures, histology
• Ability to assess and supervise other lab members.
• Proficient in science writing.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a list of at least 3 references to